What I want for Christmas this year… hmmmm… my list seems to get shorter, yet more expensive.
I’m not going to go into all the philosophical stuff of world peace or an end to both the Democrat and Republican parties. I’m going to be a bit more practical.
1. First on my list is the Pacific HBO miniseries in Blu Ray. I am blown away by the sacrifice of these men who fought in the Pacific theater of WWII. It makes the whining and bitching of Washington DC today just sickening. At the same time, it makes you honored to be a part of this country, the idealism and the freedom we have. This is a must have gift.
2. Second on my list is also a Blu Ray DVD series – The Lord of the Rings – Extended Edition. It may not ever get any better than this 3-part series. This has got to be one of the greatest series to have ever been made. The story. The music. The scenery. The picture quality. Everything about this movie is A++ And, you have to get the extended edition. There is too much to be lost by not seeing the full length.
3. I would love to have a new leather recliner, new couch and love seat for the living room. I don’t know any specifics yet, but having that would really be nice.
4. I would like a new 3-D 60 inch LCD flat screen TV. I have a nice 46 inch plasma, but I am wanting to replace my 27 inch TV. Remember, this is a wish list… not list based upon practiciality… like needing to get my molars fixed and my teeth cleaned. I also need a nice stand for this TV to go on, accompanied by a quality 3D Blu Ray player and Bose surround sound system… just sayin.
5. In order for me to watch TV here, I might need some recliner theater seats. This would be cool. I could replace the couch with the claw feet and put in these theater seats. Ooohhh… it would make watching TV so much more fun.
6. I would also like some new sweaters, t-shirts, and sweatshirts. My other ones don’t fit any more. I lost 50 pounds so far this year… and want to drop another 40. So, my old ones are a bit too big. Time for some new ones to fit the new me.
7. Just to keep things on the less expensive side… some running socks would be nice. My other ones are getting a bit worn out.
There are several other things to add here… a new truck, computer, ipad, boat, etc… but, I’ll wrap things up with the socks.
Three through five are probably a bit sketchy… but it doesn’t hurt to add them.