For me, in my life right now, this may be one of the most important blog posts I have written in a long time. It’s my bucket list. I turned 51 last month, and as I move toward the autumn of my life, I want to create a list of things I want to accomplish before I kick the bucket.
This bucket list will require some changes in my life – financially and in my health and fitness. I’ve already been working toward improvements, and my goal is to have the health, wealth, vitality, energy, fitness, and relationships to make this list possible. It is essentially a target or direction I want to go through my 50’s and 60’s.
Let me clarify – yes this is “my” bucket list, but it is not for me to live and enjoy alone. I want to experience this with my family and friends whenever possible. A few items I am sure some will sit out on, but for the most part, I want to live life to the fullest and enjoy it with my wife, kids, family, and my friends.
Let’s look at the list. This is in no particular order… and I will continue to add to this list over the next few months as I examine things from a faith, personal improvement, and family perspective.
Rich’s Bucket List
1. Climb Mt. Kilimanjaro – Tanzania, Africa
2. Fly-in fishing trip in Canada and hear the Loons from the porch of my cabin
3. See the Grand Canyon
4. Kiss my bride beside the Eiffel Tower
5. Visit Normandy
6. Take a Disney Cruise
7. Eat Santa’s Little Helper at the Moose Tooth – Anchorage, Alaska
8. Hot air balloon safari in Africa
9. Eat pizza in Naples, Italy
10. Visit the countryside of Tuscany, Italy
11. Visit the Australian Outback
12. Watch an event at the Sydney Opera House
13. Eat fresh lobster in Maine
14. Vacation at Aulani – Oahu, Hawaii
15. Drive a NASCAR
16. Drive a Ferrari or Lamborghini
17. Run the full Disney Family Marathon weekend
18. Meet President George W. Bush
19. Place grave markers on my mother’s and grandmother’s graves
20. Buy a Bass Tracker boat from Bass Pro Shops
21. Skydive from 13,000 feet
22. Be an Ironman
23. Own a 65/66 Mustang again
24. Build an HO scale model train layout
25. Live in England/UK for 3-6 months